Thursday, August 17, 2006

Thursday evening and a couple of things come to mind.

Davis Love III just suffered an all too familiar breakdown with a triple-bogey on 17. That knocked him out of solo first and is something that we've seen a little too frequently (second round of the Players, last year's PGA). Love's in the hunt so he needs to get over it quickly. A 20-foot birdie putt at the last is a nice start, although he just narrowly missed it.

Medinah is playing so much easier than anyone expected. No wind and quick conditions are leading to a possible recored number of under-par scores in a PGA Championship. Friday calls for rain so it's about to get a whole lot tougher.

Has anyone even mentioned Luke Donald at this point? He shot a 68 and is getting less mention on this telecast than Kyra Sedgwick and "The Closer." The guy's ranked 11th in the world.

Final note, in my "Out of the Rough" column, I pegged Chris Starkjohann as one of my Five I Didn't Like for no other reason than I didn't have a fifth I really didn't like. Turns out he bailed to play the Champions Tour event in Washington. Don't know about that decision, but it was kharma that me jumping on a club pro for no real reason would come back and bite me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dating international

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home