Wednesday, June 27, 2007

U.S. Women's Open this week and I like Karrie Webb.

Now Annika is taking the stance that Michelle Wie can apologize anytime for her disrespectful behavior. Fascinating. I'm getting the feeling that Sorenstam may be waiting a long time. At least til Wie's in her mid-20s.

The PGA and Champions Tours are both adopting drug-testing policies and I still contend these are not necessary. However, I think it will give some within the sport peace of mind, so hooray for that. I do not believe steroids to be a problem in golf. I do believe them to be a problem in the WWE, but that's for another time.

Ok, a guy in Florida goes to get his golf ball out of the pond and an alligator latches on to his arm. Terrifying. Probably would have induced a heart attack if it happens to me. Here's the rub, the alligator had one eye. Is there any way this guy is not nicknamed Chubs from now on? (For the uninformed, Chubs was Carl Weathers in "Happy Gilmore" and he lost his hand to a one-eyed gator.) What made me most angry about this story is that I didn't come up with that joke. My friend Matt Lyon nailed it, so kudos to him.

Now as for my friend and colleague Gerard. He sucks. For those whose memory does not span a week, he had me pick a random guy out of the field for last week's Travelers Championship. That guy happened to be Nick O'Hern. The same Nick O'Hern who took third place for another point for G. I said a real man doesn't accept that point, but he claimed he was thinking of him before that. I think he's a liar who is devoid of a soul. Jealousy on my part.

Gerard Gallagher (37) - Adam Scott, Vijay Singh, George McNeill, Robert Allenby, Troy Matteson, Luke Donald, Mike Weir, Retief Goosen, David Toms, Jesper Parnevik, Johan Edfors, Sergio Garcia, Lucas Glover, Phi Mickelson, Davis Love III, Carlos Franco, SCOTT VERPLANK, Geoff Ogilvy, John Rollins, ZACH JOHNSON, RORY SABBATINI, Tiger Woods, Sean O'Hair, Jim Furyk, Nick O'Hern.

Kevin Currie (22) - David Toms, Davis Love III, Ryan Moore, David Duval, Jeff Quinney, Justin Leonard, Robert Allenby, HENRIK STENSON, Rich Beem, Sergio Garcia, Kenny Perry, Scott Verplank, K.J. Choi, Vijay Singh, Billy Andrade, Sean O'Hair, Shigeki Maruyama, Geoff Ogilvy, Steve Stricker, Stewart Cink, RORY SABBATINI, Tiger Woods, Tim Herron, Ernie Els, Brett Quigley.

Mediocrity (10) - Stuart Appleby, Rory Sabbatini, Scott Verplank, Robert Allenby, Justin Rose, Mike Weir, Adam Scott, Padraig Harrington, Carl Pettersson, Charles Howell III, Darren Clarke, David Howell, Jose Maria Olazabal, Tiger Woods, Davis Love III, Joe Durant, Shigeki Maruyama, Geoff Ogilvy, Vijay Singh, Henrik Stenson, Stewart Cink, Zach Johnson, Bob Estes, Jim Furyk, Ben Curtis.

This week's Buick Open

G - Jay Williamson.
KC - Brandt Snedeker - "I've won with two S's before (Stenson/Sabbatini), so hopefully my cold spell will end."
JB - Sean O'Hair - "I'm getting points this week. I feel it."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home