Friday, May 11, 2007

Here is Tiger's response when asked about Rory Sabbatini's comments on Thursday:

"Well, if I remember the quote correctly, he said he likes the new Tiger. I figure I've won 9 out of 12 and I've won three times this year, the same amount he's won in his career, so I like the new Tiger, as well. "

That's as tough as the talking gets in golf right there. That is country-club trash talking.

Reminded me of the time when Stephen Ames thought he had a chance because Woods was driving the ball poorly at the WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship last year. Woods beat the crap out of him to the tune of 9 & 8 and when Woods was asked what he thought of Ames' comments, he said, "9 & 8."

Rory, by the way, dumped two balls into the soup at 17, made a quadruple-bogey and shot a 79. He is seven behind Mickelson and only two ahead of Tiger. If there is a God, hopefully Tiger and Rory get paired on Sunday when they aren't in the tournament and Woods beat him by 100.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home