Thursday, September 20, 2007

If it wasn't made clear, we cut out the SportsNetwork Golf Editor Challenge after the FedEx Cup. G won this year's in a landslide and did it with the type of class you would expect. I did not pick one winner all year, so good for me.

Per the agreement, Kevin Currie and I owe G a case of beer each. When we arrived in the office on Monday, written on our board were the following five words:

Lager (Yuengling Lager - local beer here in Philly. Solid, but gives me bad hangovers.)
Carlsberg (Snob.)
Hoeggarden (Family friend Mr. Conroy always had a rule against putting fruit in a beer. I agree, but a lime in a cold Corona on a warm summer night is heavenly. You put oranges in Hoeggarden and unless you have been diagnosed with scurvy, you don't need orange in your beer.)
Amstel (I'm a simple beer guy, but Amstel Light is sort of my fancy Light beer.)
Harp (Good beer, but only every now and again.)

I'll be getting Lager cause it's the cheapest. I will spend money on my own beer, but not his.

As for the biggest news of the day in golf - drug testing. I've contended all along that this is unnecessary, but this is a good policy. When trying to enact policy like this, you need uniformity and all golf organizations are on board.

My guess is that if anyone gets caught for this, it won't be a PGA Tour, LPGA Tour or Champions Tour player. (How revolting would it be for a Champions Tour player to be on steroids?)

In baseball, the majority of offenders have been minor leaugers. The players this might get in golf will come from the Australasian Tour or Canadian Tour or maybe, the Nationwide Tour. It will be the guys trying to make it to the show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home