Sunday, July 22, 2007

Somewhere, presumably in Warminster, PA, an old man is snoring. Good morning, dad. The reason I say this is because at Carnoustie, it's raining, it's pouring. It's raining so hard that caddies have to follow around their guy with the umbrella.

On Saturday, I wrote that I think Sergio's got this one, but it is far from a done deal. I wish someone, with all due respect, other than Steve Stricker was three back, but that's what we have.

Garcia has played amazing golf this week and has not made a bogey since the 11th on Friday. The belly putter looked shaky for all of two holes on Saturday, so it will take a lot to dethrone the Artist Formerly Known as "El Nino."

Remember this - Garcia squandered a six-shot lead in the final round of the 2005 Wachovia Championship. Of the group at minus-three, the two I like the most to make a run are Ernie Els and Stewart Cink. Els has the experience and handled the conditions at Muirfield in 2002 and Cink I like because he has played pretty consistently all week.

It will still be Garcia's to lose, and while I don't think he will, he could.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home