Friday, September 22, 2006

I went 2-2 in the morning (We're not counting the score, but I had the first two matches including the incredibly gutsy halve in match two. Impressive by me.) Haubs went 2-2 as well with the Woods win and the Spaniards' victory.

Away we go in fourballs.

1. Campbell/Johnson vs. Harrington/McGinley

Me: Campbell/Johnson, 2 & 1 - I think this is a really solid American foursomes team. McGinley is struggling badly so I think the Americans beat the Irish boys in the country of green.
Haubs: halved - Americans need a boost and I think a win here might be asking too much. I think both Americans make their case for later matches. (I think Haubs is getting good at this.)

2. Cink/Toms vs. Stenson/Howell

Me: Cink/Toms, 3 & 2 - I don't like Cink being back out in the afternoon because I think Henry outplayed him in the morning, but this is a better team than Europe's.
Haubs: Stenson/Howell, 2 & 1 - Looks like Lehman thinks the rookies didn't help in the morning, but I don't know if it was all on Wetterich. (I once again agree with Haubs' analysis and one more good point, I write something embarrassing about him out of spite.)

3. Mickelson/DiMarco vs. Westwood/Montgomerie
Me: Westwood/Montgomerie, 4 & 3 - I just had a bad feeling about this American pairing because Mickelson is playing like a crap as indicated by his one-birdie effort in the morning. I don't think we see these guys tomorrow.
Haubs: halved - Phil and DiMarco had chances this morning, didn't get it done. Might be hoping for a US half here. if they lose, I'd look for them to be split up tomorrow.

4.) Woods/Furyk vs. Garcia/Donald
Me: Woods/Furyk, 1-up - This is going to be awesome as Tiger can't wait to get his hands on Garcia. Don't underestimate Donald being upset about being ninth in the world and sitting out the morning.
Haubs: Woods/Furyk, 3 & 2 - Tiger's been waiting for this one. Donald still has the PGA beating in his head playing this match.

End of the day:
Me: US 4 1/2 - 3 1/2
Haubs: EUR 4 1/2 - 3 1/2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home