Friday, September 22, 2006

Ryder Cup is about to begin, so let's get through some pre-tournament stuff -

1.) Sergio Garcia is an idiot. To trash-talk Tiger Woods in anything, no matter if his Ryder Cup record stinks, is absolutely foolish. Downright stupid.
2.) Hard to figure that the ninth, 11th and 13th ranked players in the world can't crack Europe's opening session. Luke Donald would have been more shocked if Woosie would have told him he was carrying his child.
3.) This picture and article thing is kind of silly, but can't argue with a guy going batty when fake nudie pictures of his wife are posted.

Anyway, we're going to try something for the Ryder Cup. I predict each match's outcome and do it versus a lay person, my friend, Haubs.

1. Woods/Furyk vs. Monty/Harrington
Me: Woods/Furyk, 3 & 2 - Woods and Furyk are both hot and Woods has all of the phony photo/Sergio thing adding fuel.
Haubs: Woods/Furyk, 2 & 1 - Americans have to have this match.

2. Cink/Henry vs. Casey/Karlsson
Me: halved - Crazy to pick a halve, but I don't have a good feel for this one. Would lean toward the Euros because Casey's playing a little better than Cink.
Haubs: Casey/Karlsson, 3 & 2 -I think this one has door job written all over it. Those unknown Europeans always whoop.

3. Toms/Wetterich vs. Garcia/Olazabal
Me: Toms/Wetterich, 1-up - I don't like this European pair. They reportedly don't get along that well and I think this is a brilliant American team. Toms is straight, Wetterich is long and he will be the sleeper for this squad.
Haubs: Garcia/Olazabal, 1-up - I thought Zach Johnson would be this player, but maybe Wetterich's length will help.

4. Mickelson/DiMarco vs. Clarke/Westwood
Me: Clarke/Westwood, 2 & 1 - I don't have faith in this U.S. team for some reason. Mickelson is not playing great, so I give this European team the nod.
Haubs: Mickelson/DiMarco, 2 & 1 - Nice story for Clarke, and I love the guy, but I think he might not play the afternoon match.

Me: U.S. 2 1/2 - 1 1/2
Haubs - tied 2-2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home